Asbestos is a highly fibrous silicate material that is very heat-resistant. It is capable of being woven into fabrics and is commonly used for the manufacture of brake linings, insulating materials, cladding materials, fibro sheets, water pipes, guttering materials, fencing materials, roofing materials and fire-resistant materials. It is highly carcinogenic and forms a large part of homes that were constructed in Australia before 1980. Its use for construction purposes coupled with its importation has since been banned. For that reason, older homes are required to get rid of them.
A number of Asbestos Removal Companies do exist in Brisbane, Australia – so much so that – potential clients do often get confused as to which one exactly suits their needs and requirements. The ensuing discussions shall seek to shed more light on the five main tips to use to identify the most suitable asbestos removal company like iAsbestos Removal Brisbane in Brisbane, Australia.
The said company must be duly registered by the government of Queensland State. There are two categories of licenses namely: “Class A” and “Class B” respectively.
- Class A holders are licensed to remove friable asbestos i.e. those that easily crumble and are hence very hazardous whereas
- Class B holders are licensed to remove non-friable asbestos i.e. those that are way too compact and hence doesn’t easily crumble.
It is absolutely necessary that the asbestos removal company is duly licensed in order to safeguard potential clients against risks that are associated with negligence, incompetence and poor training given the fact that these core parameters are properly ascertained before the issue of the license. Moreover, insurance companies do not compensate victims in the event that the companies they contracted were not duly licensed.
The Quality of the Workforce
Being a very dangerous material, it is of utmost importance that the company that is contracted to remove asbestos has a team of well-trained and highly-skilled professionals who also have the necessary years of experience in the field of asbestos removal in order to eliminate the risks and dangers that are posed by asbestos. In general, an ideal asbestos removal company must be capable of:
- Removing asbestos from walls, floors and roofs
- Dismantling and disposing the frameworks of structures such as sheds
- Asbestos encapsulation
- Complete disposal of asbestos materials
- Identifying the different types of asbestos in the home environment
- Performing a risk assessment before the commencement of any work
The pricing regime
However high the quality of the services offered by the said asbestos removal companies are, whether they will eventually be contracted or not will ultimately boil down to the amount of money they charge for their services. The prices charged by the said companies generally depend on the following factors:
- The distance between the company and the venue of the planned removal
- Insurance costs
- The scope of the work to be done i.e. removal, transportation, disposal e.t.c
- Health and Safety requirements
- The general accessibility of the venue for the asbestos removal
In order to beat the system, it is advisable to conduct due diligence of several companies, usually three months in advance, before settling on the most appropriate.
Check the following video to more about Asbestos roof Replacement
The removal of asbestos, just like asbestos itself is a very hazardous task owing to the fact that asbestos is highly carcinogenic and if improperly handed, can indeed predispose those in close proximity to the risks of cancer. For that reason, it is necessary to take up insurance in order to guarantee indemnity in the unfortunate event of the occurrence of the said risks. The insurance has to primarily safeguard the workers and the third parties (general public) from the associated risks and dangers. Two options do exist:
- Some contactors do provide a comprehensive pricing package that incorporates public liability and workers compensation insurance.
- Others however, do leave it to the discretion of the client.
It is thus critical to check this one too before contracting the services of the asbestos removal company of choice.
The entire process of removal, transportation and the eventual disposal of asbestos is very dangerous. It is consequently necessary to see to it that the prospective company has the wherewithal to perform all the associated tasks with utmost safety. The company must thus:
- Strictly abide by the laid-down safety requirements
- Be duly licensed
- Must abide by the applicable health requirements
- Have the correct asbestos disposal equipment and strategies
As can be deduced from the foregoing discussions, the choosing of the right asbestos removal company is a very meticulous process that involves the consideration of so many factors. There is no short cut though, since any negligence in the said process can have very far reaching implications and consequences.